In thirty years of law practice Jim Green has concentrated mostly on the broad areas of personal injury defense litigation, rental car, insurance coverage litigation and risk management/insurance consultation. This has involved the handling of numerous serious bodily injury and property damage cases in state and federal courts in Oklahoma and across the nation. In the area of personal injury defense Mr. Green has significant experience and expertise in motor vehicle accidents, premises liability, construction and oil field accidents, medical, hospital and nursing home negligence, and products liability cases, including extensive experience in toxic tort defense. He is national counsel for major rental car companies for defense of catastrophic personal injury and death lawsuits, particularly those involving products liability claims.
Mr. Green also has extensive experience in counseling major corporations and insurance companies on complex insurance and risk management issues, and handling complex insurance coverage disputes. While Mr. Green has worked with companies in various industries, he has developed a national reputation in the area of insurance in the rental car business and is national counsel for two major rental car companies regarding major claims and general insurance program consultation and representation. He is also national coverage counsel for a major insurance company that writes rental car supplemental liability insurance and other rental industry coverages. He has litigated insurance and product liability issues in jurisdictions across the United States, having been admitted pro hac vice in more than forty states.
Moreover, he has had significant experience in representation of large corporate clients regarding directors and officers insurance coverage issues in connection with major securities and ERISA class action litigation. In addition, he has significant experience in large business litigation involving issues such as breach of contract, fraud, tortious interference with contract, theft of trade secrets, antitrust, ad valorem taxation of large commercial properties, breach of corporate fiduciary duties, securities fraud and general business and franchise litigation in the rental car sector.
- University of Tulsa (J.D., 1977; B.S., 1971)
Bar admissions & years:
- Oklahoma - 1977
- U.S. District Court, N.D. of Oklahoma - 1978
- U.S. District Court, E.D. of Oklahoma - 1989
- U.S. District Court, W.D. of Oklahoma - 1994
- U.S. District Court, E.D. of Arkansas - 2004
- U.S. District Court, W.D. of Arkansas - 2004
- U.S. District Court, District of Maryland - 1982
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth District - 1983
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth District - 1984
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third District - 1998
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit - 2003
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit - 2004
Memberships & Affiliations:
- Tulsa County Bar Association
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- American Bar Association, Litigation Section
- Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America (Commercial Litigation and Insurance Law)
- Listed in Oklahoma Super Lawyers
- President of The Council Oak/Johnson Sontag Inn, American Inns of Court, 2006 - 2007; Master since 1995.
- Author of "The Business Broker and the Oklahoma Real Estate Licensing Code," 12 Tulsa Law Journal 398 (1977)
- Order of the Curule Chair 1977
- Tulsa Law Journal 1975 - 1977