Mr. Waite is a partner in the firm's Commercial Litigation, Real Estate and Corporate and Securities practice groups. His practice focuses primarily on business litigation, with an emphasis on real estate, mechanic’s lien and fiduciary litigation. His practice also encompasses transactional work including contract drafting and review, advising corporate clients regarding alter ego analysis and general corporate matters.
Mr. Waite has practiced law in Nevada since 1990 and has considerable experience working with and representing owners, contractors, subcontractors, suppliers, trustees and other fiduciaries and governmental entities. He has represented business clients both domestic and international, including from France, Germany, Italy, Switzerland and Canada. Mr. Waite was previously with Beckley Singleton, which partnered with Lewis and Roca in 2007.
Additionally, Mr. Waite lectures to lawyers, lenders and construction professionals on mechanic’s lien and related real estate matters.
After graduating with a Bachelor of Science in Finance, Mr. Waite was the Executive Vice President and General Manager of Ponderosa Management Corporation, a property management company with holdings in Nevada, California, Arizona, Utah and Idaho. Mr. Waite also held a Nevada real estate license.
- Lecturer and co-author, "Fundamentals of Mechanics' Liens," Sterling Education Services, 2007.
- Lecturer and co-author, “Handling Real Estate Disputes In Nevada,” Lorman Education Services, 2005-2006.
- Lecturer and co-author, “Nevada Construction Liens and Construction Defect Claims,” Lorman Education Services, 1997-1998.
- Co-author, "Psychotherapy With High Risk Clients: Legal and Professional Standards," Brooks/Cole Publishing Co., 1991.
- Author, "Affirmative Action: What Must a 'Remedial' Program Remedy?," Utah Bar Journal at 18 (Aug./Sept. 1989).
Court Admissions: Mr. Waite is admitted to practice in the state of Nevada, the United States District Court, District of Nevada, the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit and the United States Supreme Court.
Special Recognitions: Mr. Waite has been acknowledged in In Business Las Vegas Who’s Who 2006 which features "the top business executives in the Las Vegas Valley." He has also been recognized as one of Nevada's Super Lawyers in the category of Business Litigation. Mr. Waite is an "AV" rated attorney by Martindale Hubbell. In law school, Mr. Waite was a member of the Law Review and was elected to the Order of the Coif.
Bar Affiliations: Mr. Waite is a member of the State Bar of Nevada and the Clark County Bar Association.
- Brigham Young University, J. Reuben Clark Law School, J.D., 1990 magna cum laude
- Brigham Young University, Business Management, Finance, B.S., 1984