Note: Agreements may be registered from July 31st, 2020. Employers who signed agreements with their workers prior to the issuance of Agreement 132, will have 15 working days to register the information in the online platform SUT, that is, until August 21st, 2020.
Conditions and characteristics
- Reduction: The employer may reduce the working hours by up to 50%, prior authorization from the Ministry of Labor.
- Term: Up to 1 year, renewable only once for an equal term. After the expiration of the term, the employee's salary will be the same he/ she received before the measure was applied.
- Salary: It may not be less than 55% of the salary in force before the reduction and must be proportional to the hours worked.
- Contributions to IESS: Must be based on the salary paid.
- Labor benefits: The thirteenth and fourteenth remunerations, reserve fund, vacations and profits shall be paid in proportion to the working-day and the income received by the employee.
- Compensation: In case of layoff, the compensation will be calculated based on the salary received before the reduction.
- Exceptions: Employees whose working-day have been reduced under the provision of article 47.1 of the Labor Code may not have this measure applied to them while the previous reduction remains in force.
- Registration in the SUT: Update the worker's data in accordance with the new working conditions, including their validity.
- The lack of registration will be sanctioned according to the Labor Code (US$200 fine), as well as the Constitutional Mandate 8, that is, fines from 3 to 20 minimum statutory wages (currently, from US$1,200 to US$8,000).
- Notification: The employer must notify the employee by any means of the implementation of the measure and its conditions.