Marius Grajauskas is the managing partner of the law firm LEADELL Balciunas & Grajauskas. He holds Master's degree in commercial law from Vilnius University. Marius Grajauskas took a traineeship at the bank Societe Generale (Paris, France) on the issues of financial derivatives and a traineeship at Cambridge University (United Kingdom) on the issues of concluding international commercial agreements. Marius has the the Advanced diploma in International Taxation (ADIT) issued by the British Chartered Institute of Taxation in London.
During his professional carrier Marius Grajauskas worked as the Head of the Legal Department at Danske Bank, lawyer at the Legal Department of SEB Bank, lawyer with AB HERMIS Bank, lawyer at the Treasury Department of the Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Lithuania.
Under the supervision of Marius Grajauskas, the team of the law firm successfully completed the following projects:
- Participation at Vienna International Commercial Arbitration on behalf of a Lithuanian bank in litigation with one of the EU commercial banks for the financial transaction of USD 5 million.
- Participation in the merger process of two of the biggest Lithuanian banks - bank AB Vilniaus Bankas and AB Bank HERMIS.
- As head arbiter, decided on a case between companies operating at Klaipėda harbor regarding hydro-technical construction and its compliance with FIDIC quality standards. The dispute was over an amount of more than EUR 3 million euros.
- Advice to one of the biggest banks in Lithuania in the process of restructuring the biggest manufacturer in milk industry and transfer of relevant assets to foreign investors.
- Advice to one of the major banks in Lithuania in the process of assetrestructuring of one of the biggest pharmaceutical companies.
- Representation of a financial institution in the process of debt restructuring and bankruptcy of an artificial fibre production company.
- Responsibility for all legal issues of a Scandinavian bank that started its operations in Lithuania. Preparation of standard agreements and other documentation and internal rules and procedures.
- Responsibility for restructuring, exaction and judicial processes of bad loans of a Scandinavian bank, as well as for the legal support for the development of the bank.
- Member of the credit committee of Danske Bank.
- Leading a number of acquisition, merger, reorganization, separation projects of large companies, including acquisition of the largest glass factory in Lithuania.
- Legal review of company to be acquired by the Lithuanian oil refinery, advice to the client on the acquisition matters in relation to the selection of the transaction structure, preparation of the contract package.
- Consulting for one of the largest European financial intermediaries on the issues of investments, trading securities, corporate finance, and private banking and asset management services.
- Representation of the investors' interests of in the cases of demolition of the allegedly illegally constructed buildings.
- Representation of banks in legal disputes in respect of loans, credit, debt transfers, reassignment of claims and annulment of transactions in accordance with the claims of the debtors, the bankruptcy administrator or other creditors.
- Consulting one of largest Lithuanian real estate companies on all property management issues: preparation of purchase & sale, mortgage, lease, utilization procedure establishment and other transactions; preparation of the required documents for the client and the representative institutions for construction authorization and approval of the territorial planning documents before the acceptance of buildings as suitable for use.
Marius Grajauskas is also a recommended arbitrator of Vilnius Court of Commercial Arbitration.